Barr and Stroud our proud of our entry level range of Skyline binoculars. Just because this where the Barr and Stroud range begins don’t be fooled into thinking that they are not fully featured binoculars – just check the specifications out for yourself!
• They have multicoated optics. This means that a greater amount of the light falling on the objective lens is transmitted to the users eye, making the image brighter and more contrast rich.
• They are Nitrogen filled. This means that they won’t suffer from internal fogging if you take them from one extreme of temperature to another.
• They are waterproof. They have been tested in 1.5 metres of water for three minutes without leaking, so if you accidentally drop them in a puddle or a pond they will survive until you fish them out, but please don’t make a habit of it!
• They have BAK-4 prisms. This means the glass that the binoculars prisms are made of ensures the best colour fidelity – check out the top of the range model the glass is the same!
• They have a 10 year Guarantee. We are confident that these binoculars are built to last that we are prepared to supply them with the same great guarantee that we also give to the top of our range model!
If you are looking to buy your first pair of binoculars, on a limited budget, but you want them to be fully featured and suitable for bird watching, a day at the races or a friend to take on holiday – your search may be at an end!